My first blog entry :) A stunning sea glass candle lamp

This is a sea glass candle lamp, I collected all the sea glass myself and each piece is glued on separately, it takes many many hours of work and like most of my art it is a true labour of love.


The candle jar is so deep that I had to solder a chain onto the candle votive so it can be lowered into the lamp gently. I decorated the end of the chain with a shell that is often found along side sea glass on the beach, a friend gave me a handful while I was working at the gallery one day to use in my work and I told her I'm going to call them 'mermaid coins'. So this chain has a vintage chandelier crystal, aqua sea glass and a mermaid coin! I think it is almost a beautiful as the main art work it is attached to !!


At night this is simply stunning



This lamp is currently for sale at Kurnell Art Gallery located south of Sydney .









Comments

  1. Well Deborah - You blog has inspired me to close my eyes and open my mind to the beauty in all unexpected. Your images, your unfolding creativity and your words. It appears your talents are endless. Well Done Fi

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts