Wave painting finished??

Painting this has been quite a journey and I've been deep in thought for most of it. 
The painting has started many conversations while sitting on the easel.

 A lady who can't swim thought the painting was terrifying.
Someone else thought it was beautiful, "look they're heading towards the light, towards possibilities"
My daughter said she'd hate to have to do that, "I'd be so scared".
 She also prompted me to give them 'bags'... "They need bags mum, where's all their stuff ?"

Most people ask me "are they going to be ok ?", "where are they going?", "who are they?" 
 I don't have the answers, I was asking myself these same questions while I painted.

 I guess in a way the painting is a question.

No political point of view, just people.
Not before, not after... but right at that moment.

The colours are much more vibrant in real life.
I imagine I'll fiddle with this now and then. I'll just keep changing this photo until I'm finished, I wont bother with a new post.


'Our Home Is Girt by Sea'
Oil on canvas
24x36"

Detail


Detail



Comments

  1. Wow, Deb, you really are going deep with your art. That's my objective as well but I keep pulling back and not even starting the painting.
    Keep it up. Cheers, Monica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Monica.... you just have to jump!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts